Monday 12 January 2015

Hi




Whilst working on a very dark painting this evening/night I had to admit that I find the prospect of building a website daunting and that I probably had very little time to dedicate to it at this point in my life. So I'm starting a blog. I don't yet know what I'm going to be putting on it entirely, it will include my art. I want another online platform apart from Facebook and this is where I'm starting. 

Dark paint is not my usual choice but I'm making this for a friend who loves dark colours and darkness. It's a kid of landscape but I don't like to talk about a finished painting because it's so abstract it can inspire any image in our minds. I prefer to have someone stand in front of it and decide for themselves. Art is evocative, a meditation if you like. In my mind, good art should make us feel something emotional, it should make us go somewhere in our minds and make us want to take a closer look. 

Anyway, I really enjoyed making this painting and I like the effects I achieved. Art really is a living process.

I don't promise to write frequently but I do think a lot and sometimes I want to share those thoughts, the question is, will I get down to writing them? And will you or anyone find what I have to go on about interesting enough to visit? The future is unknown :)

As some of you know I am a humanist and member of the Malta Humanist Association, we discuss (some of us less than others) many interesting topics, so I might post some of the stuff we discuss in here with some thoughts. Humanism, for those of you who don't know is a philosophy, a lifestyle if you wish. A humanist cares about the planet and all it's inhabitants and strives to have a better world overall. We understand that we have the resources, the intelligence and compassion to fix what we have messed up socially, environmentally and economically. Because every system we have in place is made by us humans, if some are repressed or suffering because of these systems, I believe it is our social duty as an intelligent species to change that. We do not believe that a God or Gods will help us out of our problems or fix them for anyone else. We are very aware of a lot of the difficulties people face around the world and rally to fix them. We believe in equal rights for all, we believe in rationality, discourse and that we should unite as a race with the intention to have a better planet, a brighter future and a happier people empowered by science based evidence and solutions.

Respect is high on my priorities in life, I believe everyone deserves it and people who don't demonstrate a healthy level of respect towards others are not welcome and I encourage anyone to do the same. Boundaries are healthy, when people make us feel less than good they are not worth having around...

My art is the second priority after my son, I love every moment I spend painting. It's a challenge and a joy, I wish I could paint all day and night and if it weren't such hard work I probably would. I hope that you will enjoy the work I upload and give me your thoughts.

Thanks for visiting, here's to loving life!

Krista




No comments:

Post a Comment